Award-Winning, Custom Responsive Websites for Government Agencies
You are not alone. Most government agencies need to overhaul their website at one time or another, and custom responsive websites for government are hard to find. Citizens and local stakeholders (internal stakeholders/external coordinators) expect an easy-to-use, well-designed online presence that efficiently disseminates your information and provides them with critical online tools — regardless of their device, location or computer-savviness.
To transform your site from the desktop-based monstrosity that was developed five years ago into today’s new standard of dynamic, mobile-first, responsive websites, it takes a wide variety of expertise and a trusted partner that will help you make decisions along the way and leverage your subject matter expertise.
You probably want custom, secure web design and development services at an affordable price. And, you likely need a team with deep experience architecting, designing, developing, hosting and maintaining large-scale, enterprise-level websites and applications.
You’ve come to the right place.
AISN is award-winning. We’re known for responsive and secure website strategy as well as modern design and best-in-class development.
Unlike typical web agencies’ websites, AISN responsive websites are:
- already available to you through the eGov contract and CAI Virginia IT Contingent Labor Contract Statement of Work (no time-consuming RFP needed)
- compliant with Commonwealth Standards, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 A and AA, American Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508 and HIPAA where applicable
- platform agnostic utilizing industry-standard platforms
- security-hardened to exceed the demands of today’s cyber-security needs
- deployed on your in-house server or in our own high security/high compliance cloud environment
We start with a mobile-first user interface and systematically tailor the user experience on larger and more feature-capable devices. Expect a fully custom interface design built out with low latency page loads — one that delivers a delightful experience regardless of the user’s device.
Responsive Website Strategy and Design
- Strategic online planning for cities, townships, localities, counties, Virginia state, Federal entities
- Information architecture
- User experience prototyping
- User interface design for responsive websites
- Geo-targeted Search Engine Optimization
- Landing pages for marketing campaigns
- Social media integration
Responsive Website and Application Development Services
- Mobile-first front-end development with semantic HTML, responsive frameworks and microdata
- Content Management System (CMS) development and maintenance
- Web application development
- Custom API development and integration
- Ecommerce/PCI-DSS compliant payment processing solutions
- Secure Web application framework
- SharePoint design, development and maintenance
- SaaS development
- High security and high compliance cloud hosting
Technical and Security Features
- Portal implementation
- Knowledge management
- SharePoint/collaboration tool implementation
- WordPress website hardening
- Disaster recovery planning
- Risk assessment audits/remediation
- Vulnerability and penetration testing
- Web support, training and documentation
The AISN Web and Application Development Team has had the pleasure of working with some pretty amazing marketing folks and their brands.
We’ve worked with large organizations and governments on a variety of custom projects, including secure web design, complex web development, complex application and application programming interface development, and other projects within enterprise environments. Three of the most recent examples of our responsive websites for government are sites built for the Virginia Department of Education (an example of a site using multiple data visualizations), the Virginia Department of Forestry (an example of an ecommerce site) and the Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute (a brochure website).
Web Design Awards
Secure Web Design Q&A
Do I need a site or an app?
Don’t build out the wrong platform. Do your research to avoid wasting time and precious resources. Building out a native app to reach customers may seem like a trendy move, however if you find later that your customers prefer engaging via website, your efforts will have been wasted. On the flip side, you may launch a new site only to find that your customers prefer apps. Whatever the nature of your business and business goals, be sure that you’re targeting the technology platforms that best suit your audience and your product.