End of Support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2
Been avoiding upgrading?
With end of support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2, the time has come. July 2019 is the big date. But don’t worry, AIS Network has your back!
Why should I move out of SQL 2008/2008 R2?
What are the benefits of upgrading?
- Mitigate risks with platform security and compliance. There will be no access to critical security updates, opening the potential for business interruptions and loss of data.
- Upgrade to better cost efficiency. Maintaining legacy servers, firewalls, intrusion systems and other tools can get expensive quickly.
- Modernize to innovate. Grow your environment with data, analytics and the cloud.
What’s so great about SQL Server 2017?
Are there different upgrade scenarios?
- Physical: SQL Server, Physical Machine
- Virtual: SQL Server Private Cloud, Virtual Machine + Appliance
- IaaS: SQL Server in Azure VM
- PaaS + SaaS: Azure SQL Database