Are you thinking of moving legacy applications to the cloud? Earlier this month, I posted a blog about why organizations should move legacy applications to the cloud, specifically one of our High Security Clouds built on the Microsoft Cloud Platform.
I wanted to add some talking points to the previous entry for those IT folks who need to make the case to upper management:
Extend the life of your business applications
- Avoid costly infrastructure purchases required to maintain and grow application support
- Migrate your existing apps with reduced re-writes
Run your mission critical apps on Windows Server
- Provide the support your mission critical apps require with Cloud Platform: communications, business analytics, and HR/management
- Minimal re-code necessary to move to the cloud
Minimize management, training, and support issues
- Reduce the challenges of supporting apps on older operating systems and hardware
Faster deployment. Highly scalable.
- Fully automated self-service platform that you can provision in minutes
- Easily scale your infrastructure up and down in response to usage demands, trends, and growth
- Pay only for the resources you consume
Provide virtually “anywhere access” on multiple devices
- Deliver application access to employees and customers across many devices: smart phones, PCs, laptops, and tablets
- Expand, grow, and evolve your business by adding new apps quickly and easily whenever needed
- Interoperability of your diverse applications
- Patches, updates and vulnerability tests are managed by AISN to ensure security features are kept up-to-date
Develop actionable business insights
- Integrates corporate applications and data with cloud data sources to drive real-time insight
Hope that is helpful. If I can help you work through issues, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bill Peters is AISN’s director of business development.