It’s National Data Privacy Day!
Did you know that data privacy is so important that it gets its own very special day — annually? Well, perhaps we won’t be baking a cake and hauling out the party hats, but we will celebrate that the day itself is an international awareness effort to make protecting privacy and data a greater priority in everyone’s lives. Thanks to the National Cyber Security Alliance campaign for its efforts in pursuit of these goals:
- Raise awareness and educate consumers to better understand how their personal information may be collected and the benefits and risks of sharing personal data
- Empower consumers to express their expectations for the use, protection and management of their personal data
- Inspire consumers through concrete, simple and actionable tips to more actively manage their online lives
- Encourage and motivate consumers to consider the privacy implications of their online actions for themselves and others
- Encourage businesses to be data stewards by being open and honest about how they collect, use and share personal information and clearly communicating any available privacy and security controls
Every day in the news, it seems we read about new security breaches impacting large enterprises. So, on this day, we ask: Are you doing everything that you can to avoid a security breach at work? Are you doing everything that you can to avoid a security breach at home?
AIS Network understands deeply the risks, and we value highly the security and privacy of our clients’ data. We encourage clients to educate their staff about practicing security awareness in the workplace and at home. If you need help, let us know. Ask about our AISN Auditing Services’ security awareness training in conjunction with our partner, KirkpatrickPrice. It’s not too late to get started now.
The author, Laurie Head, is AISN VP of Marketing/Communications.