Sometimes hassling with your own servers no longer makes sense.
Keeping your server room environment cool, secure and outage-free is challenging. The capital expenses, the constant purchasing, the 3 a.m. emergencies and the routine patching feels like insanity. Deploying, scaling and managing the physical environment weighs you down too. You’re tired of all the low-value chores. You really need to be spending your time on more strategic projects—like ones that drive revenue.
If this describes your situation, it’s time to stop hugging your servers.
Get out of the data center—or the server closet, as the case may be—and secure your servers in a disaster resilient environment. By using colocation services, you can sleep at night. In the case of AISN, you also have our 100% uptime and availability guarantee—plus help, if you need it.
Traditional Colocation or Managed Colocation?
But how do you choose between traditional colocation and managed colocation? Simple…
Traditional Colocation = Bandwidth + Power + Space
Traditional colocation is the frequent choice of small businesses and startups. If you need exclusive control of your servers, applications and data, then traditional colocation is the ideal choice.
In the case of AISN, for a predictable monthly cost, we provide a secure, SSAE 16 Type II-compliant physical environment and install the infrastructure that you own. The rest is up to you. On a daily basis, your IT team manages your servers and everything on them remotely—the OS, the Web site, the applications, the data, etc.
AISN’s traditional colocation plans begin at 1U for $99/month and 2U for $175/month. With that, you can expect:
- Highly secure, redundant network and server infrastructure
- Full administrative access
- Industry-leading Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- 100% availability and superior uptime guaranteed
- 24x7x365 basic monitoring, data center and account support
- Windows or Linux server capability
Managed Colocation = Bandwidth + Power + Space + People
Managed colocation is often the choice of more mature businesses, which often have a history of in-house or traditional colocation hosting. Managed colocation may be a better fit if any of the following situations is true:
- your applications are mission-critical
- you’re short-staffed
- you could do without so many nagging worries
- your company’s compliance requirements are getting costly
- you don’t have expertise in customizing your OS, Web server, database server, etc.
- you have no interest in jumping out of bed for a middle-of-the-night breakdown
Under our managed colocation plan, you have all the features of SSAE 16 Type II-compliant traditional colocation, plus expert management—all for a predictable monthly cost. We install it, but you maintain control of your software environment, including your OS, Web site, applications and data. Our certified hosting experts maintain the entire hardware environment for you 24x7x365.
AISN’s managed colocation services are custom plans. They begin at 1U for $99/month and 2U for $175/month, plus a scaled management fee based on the level of service that you require. Managed colocation plans include all of the traditional colocation features, plus:
- Advanced monitoring
- Server/ OS customization assistance
- 24x7x365 live support by certified hosting experts, on demand
- IT architecture growth planning
- Proactive security patching
Colocation Add-On Services
AISN’s colocation add-on services ensure that you have an optimal colocation solution. Choose from a menu of products and professional IT services. Our highly skilled hosting team is available on an hourly or project basis and can help you reduce or eliminate many of the costs involved with hiring, training and maintaining your own IT engineers.
Our à la carte menu of products and services includes:
- Servers and server virtualization
- Mass data storage
- Backup services
- Port monitoring
- Remote/ smart hands
- Mobile accessibility
- Migration planning
- Platform migration/ consolidation
- Installation/ staging services
- Equipment engineering
- Network/ systems implementation
- Site surveys/ site preparation
- Equipment engineering
- IT audits and growth planning
- Business continuity risk and contingency planning
Although traditional colocation and managed colocation do not have pages on this site, we do offer these services. For a custom quote, be sure to contact us. We’d be happy to help.
Jay Atkinson is CEO of AIS Network.